A Colorful Blessing!

I take a look at the laundry basket and all I want to do is run - run away from the overflowing basket. Sigh! But there is no way from escaping this life-size silent colorful monster.

One by one I start picking up each item, the four piles (categorized by kid) of folded clothes are getting taller but the clothes inside the basket don't seem to be reducing much. How is this possible?
While I am still figuring that out, N runs over to my piles and starts unfolding all my hard work. Ugh! He is then trying very unsuccessfully to wear A's shorts. I let him carry on, at least it buys me a few more minutes to fix the damage that was done.

I really start to focus on this daily folding project of mine and trying very hard to ignore the tiff between A and Y. Please God - let it resolve on its own!

 Too late - it is now a full blown fight with tears and shouting. The issue is that A is quickly putting on Y's socks that Y doesn't want him to wear.  I tell Y to share, but he is afraid that A is "ruining" the socks. How can the socks be ruined if someone smaller is wearing them?  However, I see the tears brimming in Y's eyes, he is a very organized child and likes to have everything of his in order. So I tell A that they are way too big for him so he should take them off. To my astonishment, A agrees instantly, takes off his stockings and quickly runs to the laundry area to throw them in the hamper. Great, problem solved - of course NOT, Y is still upset. Those were his clean socks that he was going to wear tomorrow. Now I know why A agreed so quickly. Like folding laundry wasn't enough, I now have to rummage through dirty laundry to find Y's semi-clean socks.

While I do find both pairs of socks in the hamper rather soon,  my laundry basket however, is a different story. There are three socks that are missing pairs. What do I do? Should I let them cheat and partner with another sock (if they belong to the same child)? I have done that in the past and it has actually worked out due to the new fad of mismatched socks. Although I have a feeling this trend was created by a frustrated mom like me who was tired of searching for socks.

In the midst of me sorting socks, Amma gets a call from Minnesota where Phuppi is visiting these days. Phuppi went to eat kulfi (A harder form of ice cream) with M Apa, Amma's older sister who must be well over seventy five. M Apa’s kulfi was too cold for her so she gave it to Phuppi. Phuppi was enjoying the kulfi when she bites into something hard, she tried to chew it thinking its a pistachio but couldn't. Apparently it was M Apa’s tooth that had gotten stuck in the kulfi and somehow wandered into Phuppi's mouth, while M Apa didn't even realize that she is missing a tooth. Yikes!

Realizing that wandering socks are better than wandering teeth, I quietly go back to the mountain of clothes.  I pick out a pair of N's red shorts that are as big as my palm and stare at how cute they are and so much smaller than I's huge blue shorts that were just as tiny at one point in time. The overflowing basket that I am trying to run away from is in fact a blessing - a constant reminder of the colorful little humans that I cannot live without.
The many colors in my life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute to My Abba !

Just Another Manic Eid Day..Continued..

A Nap...Ain't Nobody Got time for Dat!!

A Night at 1826!

Isa's Holiday Concert!